Thursday, May 6, 2010

The current schedule in L'Aquila calls for me to work with Professor Margherita Mori of the College of Economics. They have scheduled a full-day seminar in Sulmona and I will be speaking on the topic - "Disaster Management - Lessons Learned from Katrina" this will be on May 14 and will be hosted by Professor Fabrizio Politi, Dean of the College.

I will also be speaking in Rome at the National Institute of Agricultural Economy (NAEA) on "Rural Entrepreneurship in Louisiana - the Role played by the Incubator on Wheels."

I will also work with them on promoting tourism and will speak to faculty and students on "Local Development Issues - Baton Rouge and L'Aquila." I have spoken with the Mayor's offices in both Baton Rouge and New Roads about Sister City opportunities. I received materials from the BR Convention and Visitors Bureau on the amenities and tourists attractions of Baton Rouge and will add this to my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment