The devastation in L'Aquila was great. It is sad to see what has happened to buildings built in the 14 & 15th centuries. The center city and many university buildings were destroyed or condemned. The university is struggling with resources, equipment and space to operate. During the trip, I will be giving presentations on many topics of interest here. One year after the earthquake and the city is not near recovery. Many houses and apartments are being built but 1,000's of residents and students are being bused to and from Rome, a 1 1/2 bus ride each way.
My sessions include:
1. Environmental damages of the oil spill and hurricane on Louisiana.
2. Lessons learned from Hurricane Katrina
3. Youth Entrepreneurship and the student incubator
4. Successful enterprises between universities and the private sector
5. Rural Entrepreneurship and the Mobile Classroom
6. Louisiana Agriculture and the Food Incubator
7. Key factors for growth - Business Incubators
8. Redevelopment after a disaster - the LBTC's Business Disaster Recovery Center
9. Local development issues: Baton Rouge and L'Aquila
10. Life Sciences - Bio Tech Incubator - LSU's Emerging Technology Center
I will do the presentations in English with an Italian interpeter when needed.